To better protect your home from water entering through the exterior doors, there is a way to waterproof it effectively and sealing properly. Here are some ways that this can be accomplished:
- A door cloth in the door frame is great for paint droplets.
- Extending a second drop cloth over your entire work space is beneficial too.
- Putting sawhorses over the drop cloth will hold the exterior door.
- Using a fan in your second workspace will help with ventilation if there is no air flow.
- Inspect the seams and apply caulk if it hasn’t been already. Fill in spaces, etc.
- Add a layer of exterior primer on the tops and sides. Allow to dry for several hours.
- Apply primer and paint to the front of the exterior door as well as to the bottom and the sides.
- Hang the door on its hinges and close.
- Apply weather stripping in place.
- Set the door and drill holes.
For detailed information on how to do this effectively go to eHow.com.
Image: Wikimedia Commons