Paint brush maintenance
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011
Do you want your paint brushes to have a long life so that they stay working the best? I know that paint brushes are not necessarily cheap so it would be more economical to manage and maintain your paint brushes so that they last a very long time and in good working order. Here are a few very useful tips according to Gill Jennings over at Helium:
Paint Brush Tips
- Use the paint brush for it’s sole purpose
- Wash and rinse your paintbrush regularly to avoid any paint build-up.
- Make sure your own hands our clean before cleaning your paint brushes.
- Use the proper cleaner for paint
- Reshape your paint brushes bristles right after a good cleaning.
- Hang the paint brushes upside down for proper drying or mold and mildew will grow.
- Put your paintbrush back in the protective sleeve that in originally came in.
- Store your clean brushes in a paint brush holder.
If you follow these recommendations, your paint brushes will almost always be like new producing the right results every time.
Image: Wikimedia Commons